This is The End


Well that title sounds entirely morbid, but I swear it’s not! It is just the end of my last semester as a full time student and what a relief that is. This semester has been nothing short of stressful. From class projects to running recruitment for my sorority and of course capstone- there was a lot going on. Weirdly it was not my hardest semester though and I think that is thanks to making sure I was only taking three classes with capstone. 


Today I will be delivering my capstone presentation to our client Marathon Petroleum Corporation. The problem statement came with the goal to hire more diverse talented individuals to the MPC team. To do this we had to come up with an integrated marketing communications plan after conducting a bunch of research and surveying real people for their preferences. The project was both given plenty of guidelines and limited guidelines at the same time so as to ensure the teams were being creative and kept an open mind throughout the process. 


Tuesday night, my group did a run through of our presentation with our advisor Dr. Foster to see if she had any advice on what to change. To our complete surprise, she only had one small note to change, but otherwise she told us to do it “just like that.” She was so proud of us that she was about to cry and apparently cried a few times after leaving our call because she was just that proud. Now I’m excited to give our presentation today. I hope everything will go smoothly today and that the ideas will be well received. It certainly seemed like our clients were so interested in the problem statement that they will be interested in anything we come up with.


I can’t believe how quickly the semester has gone by! I guess I’m just that much closer to graduation now! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We’ve All Got a Bad Case of FOMO

3, 2, 1, Go!

Senior Year Turned Senior Challenge