Homecoming Isn’t Just for High School



I will stand by the fact that in high school, homecoming was lame. I went to a smaller early college high school right next to the fairly large “normal” high school as we called it. What that means is I didn’t really know three quarters of the people in my grade. Which is okay because as the introvert I was, I didn’t really want to either. 


Moving into college, one of the first ways I got involved was through Greek life. As a new member, I got to take part in walking in the parade through Ada. This is still one of my favorite memories and annual activities. Unfortunately, this Saturday will be the last day of walking in the parade with all my favorite people, but it certainly won’t be the last homecoming for me! 


Part of the reason we celebrate homecoming is for our alumni both of ONU and their involvements during their time as an undergraduate student. We typically celebrate this through a luncheon. Last year, I remember some of our sorority alumni telling us about their off campus house blowing up because of the hot water heater in the basement. By some miracle, no one was in the house because they decided to not have their weekly meeting there that day. It’s such a crazy story! A lot of the alumni coming this year are more recently graduated so I’m excited to see some of the sisters that were here when I first joined. We typically sign up to make food or bring food supplies so this year I’m making a few platters of my homemade mac and cheese. I hope everyone enjoys it as much as they have in the past! 


Another big part of homecoming is obviously the football game, however, I don’t care much about football so I won’t be going to that for too long. Later that evening is a performance at the Freed center that stars my little. She is a very talented dancer and I can’t wait to see her perform! Cheers to the last undergraduate homecoming!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We’ve All Got a Bad Case of FOMO

3, 2, 1, Go!

Senior Year Turned Senior Challenge