Woa-OH We’re Halfway There



Fall break was this past weekend and I will say: it was beyond overdue. The weekend prior, I briefly went home to visit my brother who was in from Seattle, but that wasn’t long enough of a break. This weekend was full of time well spent, but I’d be lying if I said I didn’t have a schedule.


Friday night, my boyfriend and I visited my house to spend time with my mom. This was done the best possible way we know how: eating food on the couch while watching Grey’s Anatomy. Mom and I were five episodes behind on the last season… so obviously we binged all five of those episodes including the two-hour season finale. All this while my dad was blissfully socializing with some old friends at a retirement party.


Saturday morning my boyfriend and I went to First Watch for a delicious pancake breakfast. I always enjoy going there when I’m around and it’s never gotten old in all 21 years that I’ve been going. Mom and Dad had taken us there since the siblings and I were just babies, but I remember being five or so ordering half a Belgium waffle because a whole waffle was too big with my chocolate milk and long, always purple, twisty straw. After enjoying some big pancakes, we said farewell to my family to visit my boyfriend’s family for a few days. They’re a wonderful bunch and I always enjoy getting to see them. That night, his mom made some delicious homemade pizza while we watched the 1948 film, “Mr. Blanding Builds His Dream House.” It was quite funny.


Sunday we grabbed some Dunkin’ for breakfast then shortly after made a trip to Barnes & Noble where I purchased five new books all within the same series by Taherah Mafi. After that purchase I of course had some reading to do, which is exactly what I did while the family was out and about. 


Monday morning I enjoyed sleeping in a bit more than usual before, yet again, grabbing some Dunkin’ for breakfast. When I got back, my boyfriend had some donations and trash sorting to do as his family is building a new house to move into soon. On Sunday, I noticed his mom seemed pretty stressed out about the current state of their house going into moving, so I decided to do some cleaning for her. I didn’t do anything extreme, just some vacuuming and decluttering where she had expressed was the source of her stress. My boyfriend of course helped and agreed it would be a nice thing to do for her. Shortly thereafter we went to lunch with his younger sister at Chick-Fil-A and then hit the road back to Ada.


Tuesday was spent just relaxing and preparing to get back to it, which was equally needed along with spending time with the families. Fall break was certainly a well needed rest period, but I’m glad to get back to work.

Comments

  1. this is awesome! i went to cincinnati to go to the zoo and the aquarium over fall break and had so much fun! I agree though, im ready to push through and be done!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We’ve All Got a Bad Case of FOMO

3, 2, 1, Go!

Senior Year Turned Senior Challenge