Circling Back


It’s been awhile since I talked about video projects that I’ve been working on, so let’s recap. 


Over the summer I had the awesome opportunity to work as an intern with VideoBranch in Lima. VideoBranch is a team of six talented employees who work to create video and photo marketing materials for a variety of clients. While at VideoBranch, I did a lot of editing, which I greatly enjoyed as that is what started my passion for videography. Most of my experience before the internship was with the Final Cut Pro X editing software, but at VideoBranch I was able to further my knowledge and use of Adobe Premiere. I learned how to build a variety of graphics from scratch with ease and the differences in voice between brands. Some of the projects I worked on were for General Steel, GROB, U.S. Plastic, EZ Concrete, Allen County Children’s Services and many more! It was great to diversify the types of videos I have created toward what I am hoping to do as a career.


I also worked at ONU in my student worker position over the summer where our main project was completing facility tours for all of ONU’s buildings. We are still wrapping this project up with only four more videos to go (originally out of 36)! This project has taken up most of my work hours this semester as it holds top priority, but I’ve also worked on a few other projects. In late September, I filmed ONU’s president, Dr. Baumann, for a thank you video extending from the Forward Together campaign. I’ve also created a few reels for ONU’s social media and done some filming for the law and athletic programs. As we wrap up the last few facility tour videos, I am starting some news projects such as re-creating a collegiate statistics video with the newest information and another filming project with the Dr. Baumann in early December. I’ve brainstormed some projects for the spring semester which I also cannot wait to dive into, but until then, I’m just counting down the days until Thanksgiving break.

Comments

  1. It is so cool with how many opportunities and projects that you have done and have in your back pocket ready to go here soon! I would love to see your content you make for ONU. I think it is so cool to be working with the president and how ONU let's students so what their school is all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to hear you're loving what you're doing because that's so important for a healthy career! I think it's awesome you've been able to earn so many amazing opportunities! keep it up bestie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its crazy to think that our internships this summer were so similar! And the fact that we haven't talked to each other about them yet haha! I would love to chat sometime about your experience this summer and hear more about VideoBranch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We’ve All Got a Bad Case of FOMO

3, 2, 1, Go!

Senior Year Turned Senior Challenge