Weekly Dunkin’


As a little treat and way to unwind, on Thursday mornings, my boyfriend and I go to Dunkin’. Going to Dunkin’ has been a bit of a tradition since we first started dating- I have a video of us going “cheers” with donuts in hand. Over the summer, I discovered that I actually enjoy breakfast sandwiches when I thought I didn’t. This is thanks to croissants being the top notch form of bread for a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich. The first time I had tried a breakfast sandwich from Dunkin’ was on normal bread. It was a no from me and the texture actually made me quite nauseous. It was until I tried the Starbucks Version of the sandwich that I realized I would like it. That trial was just by chance on a day Starbucks was out of all other food. 


Just like Starbucks, we’ve got a go-to order for Dunkin’. We get two strawberry dragon fruit refreshers with green tea, my boyfriend's sandwich- the sausage, egg and cheese croissant- and my sandwich- the bacon, egg and cheese croissant with extra bacon (yes, you can do that). Before trying the strawberry dragon fruit refresher, I was a die-hard lover of the iced oat milk mocha latte. It’s what got me hooked on Dunkin’. Now it is a little too bitter for my taste. Last fall, Dunkin’ had an apple cranberry refresher. This drink is what got my boyfriend hooked on Dunkin’. So much so, that it was practically a morning ritual to get it on his way to work in the morning- especially when waking up late, which was pretty common and thinking about it now, perhaps on purpose so he had an excuse.


As the two largest U.S. coffee shops, what is your preference- Dunkin’ or Starbucks? What is your go-to order from either?

Comments

  1. I LOVE dunkin but I agree that the normal bread for breakfast sandwiches is bad and it sends chills down my spine. I love this simple but so important self care routine you guys have!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We’ve All Got a Bad Case of FOMO

3, 2, 1, Go!

Senior Year Turned Senior Challenge