Sesquicentennial- Try Saying That Three Times Fast

Image from: https://www.onu.edu/news/ohio-northern-university-begins-year-long-sesquicentennial-celebration

As ONU prepares for new student orientation here in the next week or so, things are looking pretty different. To start, this year is ONU’s sesquicentennial anniversary- also known as its 150th birthday. To celebrate and promote the occasion, various colorful banners have emerged on campus. These include ONU colors, fonts and images like we’ve never seen before. Meaning, we want this year’s branding to stand out. 


For the past two weeks, I have had the honor to create and edit together the videos being used for orientation. I am super excited for the incoming class to view these videos and get hyped about becoming a part of the polar bear family. The orientation theme this year is ONE ONU. This is to emphasize the close knit polar bear pride felt by all our current students and alumni. With 150 years under our belt, we've developed a university built on collaboration, community, excellence, diversity, faith, integrity and service which we’ve emphasized in the video.


This video was one of the first highest priority and top quality videos that I have had to make in some time. Meaning every detail had to be perfect, there was no room for millisecond mistakes. Because of this, the production of four five-minute videos took nearly 40 man hours of editing, but I absolutely loved every minute of it.


Last fall I had the opportunity to become a last minute orientation leader (OL). This year, I did not sign up again due to my emerging responsibilities as a resident assistant. However, I am glad that through my job I was able to get involved with, in a way, being the first to welcome this year’s students!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We’ve All Got a Bad Case of FOMO

3, 2, 1, Go!

Senior Year Turned Senior Challenge