What’s a Foodie to Do?



As an avid foodie living in Ada, I’ve got to say, times are tough. Back home, my mom is always making something new or the family is always finding a new restaurant to bite into. Luckily, Columbus wanted to be renamed “Flavortown” for good reason. Some of my personal favorites are the delectable burgers from The Pint Room or a good porky fig pizza from Dewey’s Pizza. 


But Ada isn’t all bad. There’s a solid four pizza places, two Chinese restaurants, a Mexican fiesta and a few run-of-the-mill fast food joints. Also, it wouldn’t be a college town if it didn’t have a few bars.


Viva Maria’s, the Italian restaurant in town is known for absolutely massive portions of food. A kid’s size spaghetti may be served on a smaller platter, but it forms a small mountain. Thankfully, it is delicious too. With an extensive menu and virtually any pasta dish you can think of, it’s hard to be dissatisfied with your visit. This is also one of the four pizza places in town. Served on their signature thin yet airy crust, with house sauce and the toppings of your choice. 


China King is a blessing to the Chinese food lover. I am absolutely addicted to the crab rangoon and the gyoza (pot stickers/dumplings). I also recommend the lo mein, but I have not ventured beyond that. What’s even better is that if the owners know you are a regular they will increase the amount of food they give you. 


El Campo is the Mexican restaurant in town and while I can’t say I’m a huge Mexican food fan, I appreciate the chips with queso and arroz con pollo. My friends, on the other hand, are big fans of El Campo. Especially as it is fairly inexpensive.


Though the restaurant selection is limited, you can always find some recipes on Pinterest and make your own five course meal. That’s a foodie’s true paradise.


Comments

  1. I agree with you when you say Ada isn't bad at all! I absolutely love China King and El Campo, these are my two favorites, but I always get an order of general tso's chicken from China King and an order of arroz con pollo from El Campo. I guess I could consider myself as a "foodie," since I love trying new things. This is a struggle though since I am a poor college student trying to save as much as I can!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Foodie life is the best life Christian! I hope after you graduate you will get to try lots of new delicious foods.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

We’ve All Got a Bad Case of FOMO

3, 2, 1, Go!

Senior Year Turned Senior Challenge